Mission and Values
The BruinTech mission is to share technical knowledge and experience, encourage innovation and promote participation among all Bruin technologists. Our vision is to establish community relationships and foster professional development throughout the UCLA technical community while promoting digital citizenship through our work with students, faculty, researchers, and staff. As the hub of Information Technology Service Delivery and Management, UCLA BruinTech is officially recognized by IT Services as an independent advisory body to the University Administration on technology issues.
The objectives of the BruinTech are:
- Support the mission of the University of California
- Promote, maintain and enhance communication and outreach across IT service and delivery areas within the University community
- Act as a liaison between IT staff and University IT Administration
- Promote training and career growth for UCLA staff
- Share common areas of IT interest, responsibility and practices
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
The BruinTech community is dedicated to creating a culture of belonging in promoting and ensuring a fair, equitable, and inclusive environment for all our community members. We commit ourselves to promoting equality and diversity through inclusive activities that celebrate our rich diversity. We will achieve our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging goals through:
- Promoting on of learning and understanding of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging within the IT community of UCLA.
- Engaging with the community to foster the development of programming that champions diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
- Creating a sense of belonging within the information technology community of UCLA.
- Ensuring fairness and equality in our activities internally and externally.
- Thoughtful and purposeful design of our digital workplace and technology solutions to support and promote diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.